Thursday 15 March 2012

What do you think when you see me?

You think I am naughty?

You feel sorry for me?

You are scared of me?

The truth is probably all 3!

I am not naughty, you don't need to be afraid of me and you don't need to feel pity for me as my life is great!

I am AUTISTIC!!!

Many people avoid me and don't like to play with me, people can be rude and stare especially when I have a meltdown.

This makes me feel sad.

Shaking, grunting, screaming, crying etc is the way I communicate with the world.

I get scared easily and often find myself in situations I don't like and the only way I can tell you I am not happy is by doing one of the above actions.

Everything you do is completely alien to me and doesn't make a lot of sense.

So next time you see me take a moment to try and understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment